Sunday, June 20, 2010

Farewell Ideker Van

I stopped on my way to work and took a few pictures of our van in the Open MRI Clinic parking lot because I think the trees are so pretty there. I drive past them everyday on my way to work and just felt like pulling in. So glad I have my "purse camera", which I use all the time! Even though I was not fond of driving the van around, it was a wonderful trip van. We have lots of happy memories inside this vehicle.
The front seats are so comfortable and I spent lots of time on the road reading here in the passenger seat.


Becca always sat in the middle seat. I can see her here with her big box of markers and paper and passing time with them. We always had a big box of library books we checked out along, too, and that sat on the floor here for them to attack. I tried to usually pick a "non-messy" snack to surprise them with when we started out trip - like gummy bears. The built in TV provided many hours of video enjoyment. Although often it was shut off and quiet reading time or napping prevailed.

Steph always sat in the back seat. I would watch her in the rear view mirror bouncing along and it never bothered her. She would read and nap and roll along with the bouncy ride.


Our 4AM starts on our vacation are famous. Even though Bernie and I might want to sleep in, the girls always wanted to get an early start and Bernie and I would get up, get ready, and move them into the van. Grab their blanket, stuffed animal, clothes for the day and head out. When we got to our breakfast stop, they changed clothes and we went in to eat. Goodbye van. Thanks for the memories.

1 comment:

Steph Hughes said...

Bye Van!! I will miss the room. However, Hello Truck! Many more memories to come!