Monday, August 8, 2011

Thank You Susan!

My Stampin Up Consultant, Susan Nygaard, is a very special person. She is a very talented cardmaker and a very generous person. Her day job is a Pharmacist at Sanford Health and her "fun" job is working with Stampin Up. I met Susan through a friend who had a party at her house. It was about the time that my friend, Robyn Tyler, was slowly getting out of Stampin Up. Susan had lots of fun things planned and I got involved. Last Friday night, August 5th, Susan had her annual Hostess Appreciation Night. This is how generous Susan is. She invited all the people who hosted an event in the last year to come and have dinner on her. She then proceeded to hand out awards in categories such as 5 largest parties, best dessert, best husband, and various other categories. Well, I won two awards and Steph won one. Yes, Steph won the best husband award for Josh helping Susan move in and out on a cold, wintery night. It was the warming up of her car before she left that Susan loved. I won the 5th largest party and, surprisingly, the 2nd best dessert! All of our awards were punches and stamp sets. I got the punch I really wanted in the new catalog and a nice stamp. Steph got a punch is also wanted. We all got to do two make and takes and all received the new catalog, a $9.95 purchase if you bought it. What a fun evening. Susan has grown to be such a dynamic speaker and she asked us for one night to put down our phones, relax and enjoy the evening of friendship and fellowship. We could bring cards we made and trade with others and I got 20 beautiful cards in return. There were around 80 women there who have one thing in common - the love of rubber stamping and cardmaking. We have made so many friends through this group and I was lucky enough to sit with my daughter Steph, sister-in-law Karen, friends Lynnette, Sara, Jan and Rose. Robyn and Shirley were at another table. This love of crafting has enriched my life so much and Thank You Susan for being a special part of it! Thank you for the awards and gifts and wonderful supper. It was an evening to put aside life's struggles and enjoy the moment!

No comments: