Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Letter to Hadley

Dear Hadley:

Mommy and Daddy have been writing you letters and I thought I would drop you a note telling you I am ready for your arrival. This last weekend I put up your bed in your room. Now, sorry about your room. You will have to share it with us. It will be your room when you are at our house, but when you aren't here, Aunt Becca's things and my things are in there too. Aunt Becca will be moving her things out next fall when she gets her new apartment at school, so don't worry about them. My books will be staying. But don't worry. I have a whole bunch for you too! Here is your bed. I got it all set up and put clean linen on it for you to sleep.

This is Agnes. She is a mini Pillow Pet. You can fold her out and use her for a pillow when you are bigger. We will be watching "Despicable Me" someday and you will see why I named her Agnes for you. You will like her. She is soft and waiting for you, too.
These are the shelves in your room. Sorry, you have to share with me and my books. You will learn how great books are as soon as you are born. They are everywhere in our house and yours too. Hope you love them as much as we all do in your family. Don't look at the bunny. He is your surprise for Easter. :) The cup and bowl will be going in the camper so you have your own set when you get hungry and thirsty. The brown bear has a little ice pack in it for your little bumps you will get when playing. Will help you get through those little hurts. Aunt Becca got you some Twins sippy cups, one for our house and one for hers for when you come and visit her. Don't worry about having Twins things to wear when we watch the games. Aunt Becca took care of that, too. Those boots "are made for walking" and they are waiting for you to use during camping season.

I have a few bibs and sleepers and onesies for when you come over. That way Mommy and Daddy don't have to bring so many over each time they come.

Blankets to keep you warm and pads to protect our bed when we change your diaper. I have diapers and wipes, too, so don't worry about Mommy and Daddy bringing enough. We got it covered. The towel and wash cloths are for when I give you a bath when you stay over. Got a bathtub, too.


I washed I few things I kept for when Mommy and Aunt Becca were little. They were some of my favorite things and I hope you can use them. Maybe we can play dress up sometime when you come over! I got a few hoodies in case we decide we need to go for a walk outside.


As you can see, dear Hadley, I'm ready for you. Now don't hurry. I want you to come healthy and happy. You let us know when you are ready! Can't wait to see you. I know you are going to love being a part of our fun family!

Grandma

2 comments:

Steph Hughes said...

Cute letter! What a spoiled/pampered little girl. I am sure my daughter will come down with "grandma fever" a few times, just like her mama.

Lisa B said...

Ms. Hadley is lucky to have you and Bernie as grandparents!