Friday, March 18, 2011

Friends Part XII

Had a wonderful evening Thursday, March 17. Yeah, it was St. Patrick's Day, but that wasn't what made it so special. You know that saying, "Make new friends, but keep the old. One is Silver and the other Gold"? I spent the evening with Gold. Now, I need to explain that. You know those friends you have known most of your life, you can't really remember EXACTLY how you met, but you know you have known each other FOREVER? Sue King and Lana Fiolka are just those friends. I held Sue's Pamper Chef order hostage and told her we HAD to get together so I could give it to her. We picked a place and an evening and she suggested we invite Lana, too. We went to school together, starting at Cleveland Elementary, who knows what grades we were together. Lana went on to graduate from O'Gorman, instead of Lincoln, but we saw each other off and on throughout school. We bowled together on Saturday mornings. Sue and I just have known each other all these years. All three of us got especially close AFTER we graduated high school and spent lots of time together in the BEFORE MARRIAGE years and those right after. In fact, here is a BLAST FROM THE PAST. Sue was my Maid of Honor when I got married and Lana a Bridesmaid.
Wow, that is cool. That is FOREVER. We spent the evening reminiscing and remembering, plus catching up on things today. Suddently Sue looked at her watch. We had met a 7PM, which seemed like minutes ago, and it was already 10:30PM. Oh my. On a work night. Looked around The Overtime and yeah, not many people left but us! We parted, said our goodbyes and promised to meet again soon. I'm going to hold you guys to that!!

No comments: