Saturday, September 11, 2010

My Husband

People always tell a girl that she marries a man just like her Father. Well, I didn't. I knew that from the start. I loved my Dad immensely, but he was a quiet, stay-at-home kind of guy. A great Father, Grandfather and animal lover (God Bless Rufus). My Mom is a social butterfly, and it always bothered her that Dad didn't want to go places with her. But bless her heart, she went anyway, many times alone or with her kids.



I came home to tell my wonderful husband that I was going to cut cake at the wedding of the daughter of my dear friend (Nelda). She asked Janine and I to do it, but Janine would be out of town but I told Bernie I still wanted to do it. He asked what he was going to do while I was cutting cake. I asked him if he wanted to help and he said "you bet!" So we cut cake together at Krissy Eitreim's wedding on August 28! It was just like the day, not too long ago, when Steph called to say that she and Josh's Aunt were setting up for his cousin's wedding and needed help bringing things into the community hall. I told Bernie Steph had called for some help and I was going and he asked "Can I go too?" We had fun working together with them and it was done so much quicker.



Thank you, Bernie, for being so much fun to do things with and so willing to go everywhere and do everything we like to do. I love you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

TOGETHER, is always more fun. Hope for many more. Bernie I, 10 11 2010