Saturday, May 15, 2010

Nice To Be Recognized!

It's no secret that I like to take pictures. Everyone knows that, including people who work at the VA! I have taken pictures for the Variety Show for years. I have taken pictures at special events at the VA. And I have taken pictures at the Volunteer Recognition Dinner for awhile. That day came again on 5/13/10 and of course I agreed to help when Brenda called. I arrived at the dinner and snapped candid shots. Then settled in to take a picture of each Volunteer as they received their award, as I usually do. Randy had come to see me earlier in the day and he had chosen a red, white and blue shirt for the day so that he looked good with the flag. John had been practicing his smile for a week so that he had it right. Brenda had told me the Volunteers enjoy getting their picture after the dinner and I can tell, when they pause and look at me after getting their award, that they are eager to have that picture taken. Brenda surprised me when she started the awards ceremony by calling me up to the podium. She had a certificate ready for me and I have been taking picture for her for 9 years! That number surprised me - my how time flies! Denise grabbed my camera and gave me a taste of my own medicine and here is the picture:Of course, when Brenda calls next year, I will be taking pictures again!

3 comments:

Steph Hughes said...

Yay! Go you! Great picture!

Steph Hughes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Steph Hughes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.