Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Friends Part IX

Grandview Neighborhood Group

For over 30 years, my Mom’s neighborhood has gone out once a month for a Saturday luncheon. It started many years ago when the group of Moms in the neighborhood were stay at home Moms and they would get their husbands to watch the kids for lunch on Saturday so they could go out. It evolved into treating the birthday person that month to lunch. As people have moved in and out of the neighborhood, the group grew, changed but remained cohesive. I was lucky enough to be invited to join because I was older when I moved into the neighborhood. We have been through weddings, new babies, divorces, suicides and deaths. We still remain a close knit group and continue to go out once a month. I so look forward to our get togethers. Not only do we try every restaurant in town, but we have some wonderful conversations. I love this group, our outings, and I treasure their friendships!


No comments: