Saturday, November 10, 2012

Bus Trip!

Paige Bye had been organizing bus trips to Minneapolis for Sanford in the past and Sanford decided not to sponsor one this year.  Paige decided to plan one anyway and was able to get enough people to sign up.  So off to Medford and Mall of American on the bus!  Karen, Lana Fiolka, Sue King and I went.  It was a relaxing ride to Medford and then a quick 2 hour shopping frenzy.  Mall of America next.  Karen and I attempted to clean out Archiver's right away.
We then shopped a few more stores and met Lana and Sue at Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. for supper.  They had enjoyed a movie instead of shopping.  We had decided we would eat somewhere nice instead of fast food this trip and made reservations at 5PM.  I had  mentioned I didn't care where we ate but that someday I wanted to eat at Bubba Gumps.  Everyone thought that sounded like a good place and so we ate there.  Thanks everyone for letting me pick!
I have known Sue and Lana for such a long time.  We went to school together since grade school and they were both attendants at my wedding.  They are the ones I think of when I hum that song about friendship - "One is silver and the other gold"!  They are my gold.
And Karen is like a sister to me.  I couldn't have picked a better person for my brother to marry.
It was a wonderful day of shopping and friendship.  The bus ride was relaxing, the shopping good and the supper fantastic!  Hope we get to go again next year.

No comments: