Sunday, April 10, 2011

Walnut Grove

Karen and I had a very difficult time making a decision. Do we go on the Medford/Mall of America bus trip that was rescheduled from last November to April 9th or do we do the Walnut Grove Cardmaking day? Well, the cardmaking day won out. It was a tough decision, but I think we made a wise one. Not that we saved money. We dropped a boatload on the workshop and the store. But we had a great time. Invited my friend Marla Archibald to go with us. It was her first time and she was very impressed. I think this time they had more of the pieces cut out and ready to go, so took less time to assemble. This cardinal and branch are pre-cut on cork. Awesome! We painted the cork with re-inkers on a dauber.
Distressing the pieces on this card made it so nice.Isn't this little bear cute? I had to buy this stamp set. Has several cute stamps that Marla and I thought I could use on my new Grandbaby!



This Easter card has paper/pen liquid pearls on it. Of course I had to get some and chose the opal to try.



This masculine card was kind of difficult to assemble, but once you did you had a great card. We cut the gears out of aluminum type paper. Cool.


These little girls are sweet and the butterfly is out of vellum paper over a piece of peach paper to give a soft texture.


This is a unique wedding card, but so pretty. Copic markers and shading make the flowers pop.

This was a unique card with the way we folded the paper and made an envelope-like card. The green sheet pulls out of the card for a message.


This graduation card is actually a money holder. I loved the magnets we used to clasp it and of course bought some.



I loved the colors in this card. Fond Memories has such pretty choices in their papers.



We had a great time. Avoided the flooded roads by two days and didn't have to detour. After shopping the Fond Memories store and clearing that out, we stopped at the Walnut Grove Bar and Grill and got some more great wine. Then off to Brookings for our usual supper at Applebees. Marla enjoyed the new techniques she learned and the cards she now has to use. Her sad news to me is that she is moving to Northwest South Dakota in August was the only bad spot in our day!

2 comments:

Mary said...

those are beautiful cards, I love the one with the bird.

Steph Hughes said...

Sad I didn't get to go with you. Next time for sure!!