Saturday, April 16, 2011

Resound Training

On April 13 through 15 I went to Minneapolis for Audiology Health Tech training with GN Resound Hearing Aid Company. I flew out of Sioux Falls early and got to Minneapolis at 9AM. Luckily, Resound had us staying at a hotel near the Mall of America. They had a shuttle and dropped me off at the Mall shortly after I got there.I enjoyed cleaning out Archiver's, checking out the Nook at Barnes & Noble, drooling over all the stuffed animals and clothing and accessories they have at Build A Bear Workshop. Bought Easter Candy at Lindt Chocolates and got Twins items at Goldy's Locker. I was doing the carry on luggage only for my flight, so I didn't have much room for much else. I enjoyed walking all the floors of the mall and I always enjoy looking over the Leggo Land sculptures.


I told myself I would eat lunch at somewhere I usually can't. I love doing Panda Express, but that is usually where I eat. They now have a Noodles & Co., so that is where I ate! Plus, they had iced tea. Kind of hard to find nice fresh brewed iced tea at the MOA. I had a glass earlier, but it took awhile to find some!


Enjoyed relaxing over my Mac & Cheese (best around) and reading my book. The Broken Window by Jeffrey Deaver is awesome. The shuttle picked me up at 3:30PM and back to the hotel to wait for my friend Pam Wilson to arrive. She called about 4:30PM and came to my room to look over pictures of Hadley and show me updates on her two granddaughters. They are growing so much! I also got to see her remodeled kitchen. It is done now and beautiful. Then down to the ballroom for product update on Resound over drinks and appetizers. Dismissed early and back to my room for a nice shower and relax in bed. Lights were out shortly after 10PM! Next day was breakfast and then a bus took us all to the Resound Facility. Lots of classes and tours of the facility and training pertinant to Health Techs. It was awesome. About 6PM they took us back to the hotel and at 7PM we met again for supper. It was a really good buffet with lots of fun things to try. Early again to bed and a relaxing evening in my room reading, watching TV, and lights out early. Up early again the next morning for breakfast and a short class in our hotel. We had met Kim Anderson from Charleston, SC, and spent time with her at the seimnar. She took our picture at the breakfast bar.


After breakfast we enjoyed Mary Ann Blumenthal from Denver Acquisition and Logistics Center. She always has new ideas and shortcuts about ROES. I enjoy hearing her speak and she is always receptive to ideas we have and can solve our problems. Pam and I relaxed in my room and then caught our rides to the airport. Resound gave us box lunches to take along and enjoy. Back to Sioux Falls and met at the airport by Steph, Hadley and Becca (a nice surprise - didn't know Becca was going to be there!). It is always so much fun to go away for a trip, but always great to get home!

1 comment:

Steph Hughes said...

It's nice you get to take these fun trips for work. So glad you have made some great friends out of it as well.